Looking for a low cost wall deco idea to spoof up your room? Here is one we love, along with instructions on how to make it.
Adding a piece of deco or art doesn’t have to cost a lot of money. Instead of running to the art gallery or breaking your bank, how about a fabric covered canvas? With a few simple steps you can create a real eye catcher and have the perfect color coordinated decor piece. Here is how you do it:
- First you want to decide what your color(s) should be. Are you picking up on other accents like pillows, custom window shades, or comforter set or are you adding new color?
- Then it is off to the store to get a nice size blank canvas that will fit your wall space. You also want to now find the right piece of fabric that will fit in size and look the canvas. It can have a linen texture, felt texture, sheen or whatever works for you.
- Now you want to cover the canvas. Lay the material right side down and place the canvas according to your pattern or image. Cut off excess fabric and leave about 2” overlap around the canvas.
- Now pull the fabric back tightly and tape it with strong tape or masking tape and put everything in position where it can be stapled down.
- In this step you want to staple the fabric to the wooden frame on back. It is best to staple opposing sides after start, to avoid that the material will get pull out of shape.
- Lastly a hook needs to be nailed or taped to the back of the canvas. And voila! A beautiful, one of a kind deco piece has been created. Hang & Enjoy!!