October has started, and that means it is window covering safety month. Many people might not realize how important this month is to advocate for the safety of our children. Even though the window covering industry has made a big push in the last few years to create awareness and promote window shades with child safety features it doesn’t seem to do quite enough. Here are some sad statistics that we want to point out today. It is so important for us to have products in our home that will keep out children safe. Cordless blinds and shades… all the way!
- Children strangle every 2 weeks in the US on window covering cords
- Children between the ages of 8 months to 2 years have strangled on cords
- Injuries can be catastrophic, some never walk, talk or play again
- Since 1996 355 children have strangled on window covering products
- Over 40% of these accidents were around products that are compliant with the national safety standard
- Strangulation is a silent killer; many of the accidents occurred while a caregiver was close by; even in the same room
- CORDLESS WINDOW BLINDS AND SHADES ARE THE ONLY SAFE SOLUTION!!!
These statistics are devastating and have unfortunately not gotten much better over the years. With window covering safety month in mind, we are offering free cordless upgrades on many of our products. All Good Housekeeping Roller Shades & Cellular Shades are includes, Comfortex Roller Shades & Comfortex Cellular Shades feature the free upgrade as well. Please, be safe and buy cordless!