In today’s window blind market, one of the top selling products is the faux wood blind. They resemble the real wood blinds, but are made of composite materials or PVC. Their colors, as the real wood blinds, are whites and off whites or resemble wooden tones. The higher the quality of the faux wood blind, the closer the look and feel to a wood blind, including wood grain imitation. One of the top notch faux woods? The Hunter Douglas EverWood blinds. Here is what sets them apart: This is from the Hunter Douglas literature and one might say somewhat bias, but we
- EverWood blinds are made of PVC-free, food-grade and lab-grade polymers, which are exclusive to Hunter Douglas and not sold or available to any other manufacturer.
- They are certified by the GREENGUARD Environmental Institute for Indoor Air Quality, as well as GREENGUARD Children & Schools certified.
- They are extruded and crafted with pride in North America: not mass produced imports
- Every blind is designed and guaranteed to stay as vibrant as the day you installed them.
- They are formulated against yellowing; slats resist fading and discoloration from the sun as other PVC blinds will
- Blinds are tested to 1,500 UV hours, exceeding the most stringent standards
- All blinds are designed to maintain their shape when exposed to sun.
- Slats can easily heat up to well over 150°F, even in air conditioning or if it’s cool outside. Slats are formulated and tested to withstand these extreme conditions
- Hunter Douglas reports that they will withstand higher temperatures than other brands
- EverWoods are designed with exceptionally stable slats and therefore require fewer tapes for a cleaner view.
- The widest tape spacing in the industry:
EverWood & EverWood X-tra: 15” maximum
WoodMates: 16” maximum
Other Brands Average: 9”-14”
- EverWood blinds can be built up to 30” wide with only 2 ladders; on a 48” x 60” blind, EverWood products only require 3 ladders – other brands need up to 5
- EverWood products are designed to be the most realistic stain look available in the alternative wood blinds category.
- Color and grain are custom-designed, creating a natural look, without repeating patterns
- A unique finishing process covers entire slat, not just top and bottom; all colors are rich and vivid versus dull
Lastly, Hunter Douglas gives on this product a Satisfaction Guarantee commitment. Your product is guaranteed against fading, yellowing, warping or bowing – or the blinds will be replaced J