Archive for the ‘Sheer Shades’ Category
Thursday, July 3rd, 2014
What a sale!! Let’s just say it’s 4th of July Don’t miss this fantastic promotion we are offering right now on our Naturelle Sheer shades. Naturelle Sheers are similar to the Silhouette Window Shadings. This popular shade is functional while beautiful. Two layers of sheer materials create a soft, dreamy atmosphere while the light-filtering or room darkening fabric vanes provide privacy and light control.
Now we have added a new lift option to the Naturelle sheer shades. The motorized lift wand allows for a shade free of dangling cords. Any household with young children and pets should consider a cordless shade for added child and pet safety. The motorized wand has a pendant at the bottom with an up and down button to open and close your sheer shade. Simply hold one of the buttons to adjust the shadings position. By releasing the button it stops. A battery wand inside the headrail powers the shade.
The wand is available in white or black to coordinate with light fabrics or dark materials. By having a motorized control attached at the bottom of the wand, one never has to search of a misplaced remote control either.
For the month of July we will offer this upgrade at no additional charge to introduce this new feature. Be sure to take advantage of this free cordless upgrade. There is no limit as to how many shades can be ordered with the Motorized Wand upgrade. Happy 4th of July!!
Thursday, May 29th, 2014
It’s that time of year again where prices are going up on some products in the window covering industry. Comfortex Window Fashions usually has their increase June 1st, so now is the time to beat them.
Which products are affected?
One is a customer favorite. The Silhouette shades like product by Comfortex will have an increase of about 3%. All Shangri-La Sheer Shades in 2” and 3” vane size are included in this increase.
Pricing will also go up for Comfortex cellular shades. Also here all categories like the double honeycomb shades, ¾” and 3/8” single honeycomb shades are included.
These increases come from the manufacturers to offset rising manufacturing costs.
At Ace of Shades we always keep increases to a minimum and ensure that our pricing is competitive. That’s why we are giving a heads up; to make sure your money stays in your pocket.
Wednesday, May 14th, 2014
Do you have Silhouette type shades in your home? Then you are familiar with this problem. Flies and little insects like to get caught in-between the vanes and no the problem is how to get them out. Sheer shades like the Comfortex Shangri-La collection are beautiful yet delicate shades. Two layers of sheers have floating center vanes suspended in-between and it is difficult to get into these spaces to get debris or insects out.
Here is what you don’t want to do! You don’t want to use a vacuum cleaner. A vacuum cleaner has too much power and will possibly suck the fine sheer up, crinkle the vanes and possibly even tear your sheer. For standard cleaning a feather duster will do fine and get the dust off the front layer. However for anything that gets caught in-between the vanes, a blow dryer is a great tool. Your regular hair dryer on a COOL!! setting will help in this situation. It is very important not to use the hot setting as the Polyester sheer can easily get damaged. On a cool setting you can carefully blow small debris and insects out by holding the dryer sideways into the vane space. It will also help to blow out settled dust that might have built up in the sheer material.
For any major cleaning sheer shades can be taken to professional cleaners that offer Ultra Sonic cleaning services. For the day to day cleaning, the methods described will work fine. Hope this little trick will help you keep your sheer shades beautiful and clean!
Friday, May 2nd, 2014
We are always excited to show off new options for our products, especially when it is a best seller of ours. This new feature will become available on June 1st and would like to show it off and give a quick preview. Comfortex is coming out with a new cordless PowerTouch. Shangri-La Shades are very similar to the widely Silhouette blinds. The new budget savvy motorized lift is ideal for pet with young children or pets.
The new cordless PowerTouch is similar to a wand and available in white or black, depending on hardware option selected. With the push of a button the vanes can be tilted in the open or closed position, as well as lowered and raised. The cordless PowerTouch operates using a push control. It provides complete convenience adjusting vanes between the open and closed position. By pressing and holding the button on the pendant which is located at the end of the wand, the shade starts to move up or down and tilts vanes as desired. Simply release the button to end motion of the shade. The PowerTouch is available in all fabric collections including 2” and 3” vanes size, all light-filtering and room- darkening fabrics. This lifting system is powered by a battery wand which sits inside the headrail, but can be switched to a DC Plug in transformer as well.
This new motorized option is a great way to avoid dangling cords that can be a health hazard for young children or pets. The wand offers a clean look and appearance. It is also covered by Comfortex’ 5 year warranty and has a fantastic price point.
Thursday, April 24th, 2014
Tuesday, April 8th, 2014
Choices, Choices, Choices! A good quality product comes with options and so does the Comfortex Shangri-La, a product very much like the Silhouette shades offered by Hunter Douglas. Elegant layers of sheer with functional fabric vanes in-between create an elegant window treatment with simple lines. The fabric can be rolled up and completely hide in a cassette like headrail. Here are the headrail options that can be chosen when deciding on sheer shades.
- UltraSleek Headrail UltraSleek hardware offers a soft curved headrail with a minimal top light gap. The UltraSleek rail system conceals the clutch mechanism and comes with a fabric insert matching the fabric vane. The UltraSleek headrail is offered in white or Oil Rubbed bronze to create a finished look to your Shangri-La Shades.
- UltraSleek Plus Headrail This headrail has all the same benefits of the UltraSleek headrail with the benefit of accommodating larger shadings. Shades wider or longer than 84” have to be ordered with the slightly bigger UltraSleek Plus Headrail. Again white or Oil Rubbed Bronze can be ordered to complete the look.
- Color coordinated Aluminum Headrail The Aluminum headrail color corresponds with the fabric color of the shade. This headrail is available for the 2” vane shadings only.
- Motorization Motorized shades are the ultimate in convenience. A shade or a group of shades can be operated with the push of a button. This feature is a must for hard to reach windows. Eliminating the continuous cord adds a clutter free look. A timer can be ordered for automated operation of the shades.
- Metal Roller Headrail This system features a clutch operated continuous cord loop for easy lifting. Well suited for large shades, easy positioning of fabric vanes is possible. This headrail can be ordered as an under top treatment solution or for a modern look.
- Door Styles This system is ideal for sidelights, narrow windows or French doors. Door Styles are always in the lowered position and can’t be raised., tilting of the vanes into an open or closed position is possible. The hardware is color coordinated to the shades fabric.
- Cord Loops The standard cord loop is made of Polyester and is white in color. When ordering the Oil Rubbed Bronze colored hardware the Polyester cord is brown. Beaded chain instead of the Polyester cord can be specified at the time of order and is available in white, black, bronze (metal), or steel.
Monday, March 31st, 2014
We often receive phone calls with questions concerning what our bestsellers are. What are current trends? And what is a great value for my money? Over the past three years, there is one product that has outsold any other product by leaps and bounds!
Comfortex Shangri-La’s, better known under the term Silhouette Shades, is hands down the winner when it comes to most sold product at Ace of Shades Window Coverings. Why have Silhouette-like shades become such a hot trend? That is easy to answer. First of all they are very functional and practical. And isn’t that the essence of a new window covering? With excellent light control, privacy control and stunning beauty they embody the whole package. The soft and feminine look is created by two sheers, one in front and one in back, with in-between layers of suspended fabric vanes, which can be opened and closed for varying degrees of privacy and light-control. Shangri-La Sheer Shades can be lowered with all vanes closed, partially or fully raised or lowered with the vanes in the open position for a soft view outside. The product is in its appearance symmetrical and has sleek even lines which add calming presence to any room. Whether one prefers a light filtering material, well-suited for living areas, or darkening fabrics four bedrooms is a matter of preference. Our quality shade is equipped with a strong continues polyester cord that fully operates the shade. It lowers and raises, opens and closes vanes or tilts to a specific angle. A stylish cassette headrail with matching fabric insert conceals the entire shade when fully raised. Also color selection is plentiful, offering many soft white and off-whites as well as warmer browns and tans all the way to black.
We agree and understand why popularity of this product is so enormous. It is a product that we can highly recommend for its beauty, all around performance and value.
Wednesday, March 26th, 2014
You might think room-darkening sheer shades are a contradiction in terms? That’s why we love darkening sheer shades, because they are so versatile and different things combined in one.
Sheer shades or sheer blinds are better known by the term Silhouette shades. Silhouettes are actually made by Hunter Douglas, but aren’t offered on the Internet. We carry the Comfortex Shangri-La, basically the same product by a different manufacture. There are always slight variations of course. Sheer shades as their name suggests have a sheer look to them. Constructed of a sheer in front, one in the back, with darkening fabric vanes suspended in-between. When sheer shades are tilted in the open position you get a sheer view outside, creating a very soft and glowing look. When closing your Sheers the darkening vanes close flat, providing complete privacy and darkening the room. Being able to tilt from sheer look to darkening is what I call “two products in one”. Many customers love the sheer look, but who has a house by the golf course or in the middle of nowhere with no need for privacy? Reality is most of us having neighbors simply don’t like to feel like we’re in a fishbowl! With a two in one shade it is possible to have a sheer view into your backyard or front of the house, yet shut the outside world out when desired. Silhouette like shades are available in two inch or three inch vane size. Three inch is often used for larger windows, in more contemporary settings. Either way, at the end of the day it’s a choice of preference.
So when loving a sheer look but needing privacy during certain times of day, take a peek at sheer blinds and shades. We’d be glad to send fabric samples out to you today.
Friday, March 21st, 2014
Our popular Shangri-La sheer shades are enjoying an upgrade. This Silhouette like shade, soft in appearance, now comes with new more intense colors. What are the new colors all about?
Most people are familiar with Silhouette Window Shades. Our Comfortex Shangri-La is slightly different but offers similar features and benefits in construction. Two layers of sheer material have fabric vanes that are suspended in-between. Up until now the Shangri-La’s sheer fabric in front was a delicate material only available in the color white. The fabric vane floating in-between the sheer gives colored. When choosing colors that have more depth like a dark brown, the white sheer washes out the intensity of that vane color. The overall look can therefore appear a bit washed out. Now Comfortex has picked some of these stronger colors and added a front sheer that is color coordinated to the vane. This new collection is called the Aura collection, which creates a more striking and bolder look.
Shangri-La sheer shades are offered in light filtering fabrics or room darkening fabrics. Some of these new materials with color coordinated front sheer are available in both selections. These colors include black, cocoa, goldenrod, mocha and several off-whites. Our new colors are great in rooms where a bold, dramatic look is desired. We always recommend requesting a fabric sample and seeing what materials look like when holding up in your own home. The pictures below will also help illustrating the differences of the Aura collection (on the left) versus Eternity collection (on the right). Go ahead and order some samples today and see what look is right for your home!
Wednesday, May 22nd, 2013
Now that we’re in the summer months, movie studios are bombarding us with a new blockbuster each weekend. The temptation is great too as the 2013 summer movie season includes Iron Man 3, The Great Gatsby, Star Trek into Darkness, The Hangover 3, Fast and Furious 6, Man of Steel as well as indies like Before Midnight and Frances Ha. However, with these movies do come some expenses – well, a lot of expenses actually. Between the cost of the movie tickets for you and your family and the exorbitant prices for the Mike and Ikes and popcorn that your children will demand they have to complete their viewing experience, your summer movie season may be a costly one.
And that’s not all. The prices of the movie and snacks are one thing, but add to that the annoyances that come with finding parking and dealing with people who decide that the movie theater is the perfect place to start a long conversation about how well the school’s bake sale went, and you’ll want to go home after the opening credits. Because of these factors, more and more people are choosing their home base as the place to watch movies. With the advent of Netflix, Redbox, and On-Demand, new movies have never been more accessible, and you can have the movie theater experience at home. But there are some things to know as you create your own home viewing room to make the most of your viewing experience:
- Use shades to control light: Outfitting your windows with sheer shades help to darken the room, so you can replicate a movie theater. There’s nothing worse than trying to watch a key point in the movie and adjusting your shade’s position to try and find that perfect spot where there is no glare on your screen. Sheer shades can darken the room, so your beautiful screen isn’t hindered by escaping light.
- Set up furniture in the best viewing position: Do you remember the old wives’ tale about sitting close to the television and damaging your eyes? While there is no evidence that this is actually the case, sitting too close to the television limits your viewing experience because the picture will look grainy. At the same time, if you sit too far from the television, you’ll need to squint to catch what’s going on. Play around with your furniture and chairs to ensure you, your family and your guests get the best possible view.
- Buy the best equipment possible: While that great deal on the television might seem too good to be true, it might cost you more in the end. A good television and sound system is an investment in years of entertainment. Estimate what you can afford and purchase quality equipment that is close to the number you estimate. Consumer Reports and CNET and other review publications are great resources to help you find the best equipment in your price range.